Since every function of your business depends upon your Technology Infrastructure, effective management and control of that infrastructure is critical to success. On the flip side, a lack of effective management and control is not just costly, but can be catastrophic.
What every business needs at a minimum is effective management of its technology infrastructure. For those businesses whose goal is not just to survive, but to thrive, their aim is to go beyond effective management to achieve true optimization of their technology infrastructure. Valubill and SarboxOne enable both public and private companies to dramatically improve both performance and compliance via a best practices approach to total telecom management.
The challenges to effective telecom management include:
- The complexity of telecommunications services
- Difficult and diverse procurement process
- Inability to track and legitimize charges to specific services
- Lack of understanding as to where telecommunication charges are actually generated
- How should telecom costs be allocated
The solution – Valubill/SarboxOne!
Cornerstones to the Valubill/SarboxOne Telecom Management Solution:
Validation: This process validates all charges and services that you were billed for.
- Process telecom invoices to validate that calls, circuits, features, etc are all billed in accordance with the rates, terms and conditions of the applicable contract or tariff.
- Discrepancies are submitted as disputes to the provider and are tracked to ensure that adjustments have been issued.
- Maintain inventory of lines, features and services.
Verification: This element verifies exactly what telecom services have been utilized and that all activities are in compliance with established policies.
- This verifies that circuits, features and services were actually used.
- Verify which services the employee used by matching all usage/devices to the user/cost center so that expenditures can be tracked all the way down to the employee and or cost center
- Allocate all charges to the appropriate General Ledger (GL) code to ensure accuracy and efficiency in this process with an output that can be directly fed into financial systems for processing of payments.
Management: This cornerstone provides views into the actual data along with the analytics that allow this data to be used in an actionable way.
- Provides robust analytics in a secure environment that enables inventory, usage and charges to be viewed in a myriad of ways
- Financial tools enable expenses to be budgeted and tracked to those budgets by cost center in stead of being spread as a simple allocation
- Provides utilization data and analysis
Optimization: This cornerstone begins the practice of utilizing complete information sets to create real knowledge of how the organization truly functions from a technology standpoint. That knowledge is then utilized to improve all facets of the organization’s performance.
- Specialized analytics enable fine-tuning of telecom services (voice, data, wireless) thereby lowering costs
- “Usage and configuration profiles” are created and analyzed in order to determine the most effective and efficient mix of devices and services to deploy to the various business functions in order to best support their goals.
- “Optimal Service Mix” is achieved by solving any over- or under-utilized services, devices or features
- Provides “benchmark pricing” to help target areas where improved costs may be available in the marketplace and/or vendor renegotiation
- Powerful and robust tools enable your skilled IT and Telecom resources to truly optimize how your business functions from a communications perspective.
Wireless/Landline Management Services: The final cornerstone allows for the complete outsourcing of the procurement and customer service process for wireless and landline service platforms.
- Customized web procurement portal allowing for all pre-approved devices, plans and features and their associated descriptions to be presented for employee ordering.
- Shopping cart feature allows employees to pick and choose devices and services appropriate for their needs.
- Senior management approval process of all purchases prior to actual carrier order
- 24 x7 x365 customer service support
- Lifecycle management of physical devices and development of planned replacement programs
Benefits of the ValuBill/SarboxOne Solution:
- Ensures compliance with policies and identifies non-compliance which lowers risk, improves security and lowers costs.
- The massive amount of time and energy spent by accounting personnel just to allocate all of the various telecom expenses across the various GL codes in order to book and pay these expenses… are drastically reduced.
- Cost Center managers have complete visibility into the portion of the telecom spend that are used by their cost center and actively manage to control this spending
- Save significant sums of money from:
- Elimination of waste
- Elimination of inaccurate billing from vendors
- Elimination of misuse and abuse
- Optimization of service mix and service plans for all hardware, features and services
- Improved short and long term planning and budgeting
- Stronger vendor negotiation and vendor management
- Elimination of telecom procurement departments
- Elimination of internal telecom customer support groups
Wallingford, Connecticut, Jan 16, 2009 – AEON Inc. is showcasing its newly released Reactive Digital Signage system at the NGA Supermarket Synergy Showcase at the Paris Las Vegas Hotel in Las Vegas February 5th and 6th.
AEON has developed a proprietary optimization system to measure the impact that a digital sign has on its retail surroundings and can adjust the content shown accordingly, in real time. By using two forms of audience measurement technology while tracking the content displayed, the system checks a detailed database to see if the advertised product was purchased at the POS software.
Instead of manually tracking results with non-real-time applications that don’t complete the reporting cycle, the AEON system not only reports real-time data, it can also suggest or self administer more relevant pieces of content to the digital signage players with data to support it. The system will monitor the data being produced by the digital signage player, the POS system and viewer tracking software, and will automatically report back to the players what content should be playing. This system enables deeper shopper insights, continuous learning, and automatic performance improvement. The screens will know what to show and when based on the data collected.
For example, if you wanted to sell chips and soda you would set the rules to sell them, but if you didn’t reach your set sales goal within the specified time period, the system could change the ad’s information, colors, graphics, etc. If you still didn’t see a lift in sales in another specified time period, the system could automatically switch ads to sell another pre-programmed product.
Producing dynamic content that pulls pricing information and other data from a hosted server, and displays the information in a clean and concise manner, provides retail customers an automated digital signage platform that dramatically improves the sales impact of their in-store digital signage.
Headquartered in Wallingford, Connecticut, AEON Inc. is a privately held company that dramatically simplifies and improves all business communications, reduces costs and improves revenue opportunities by integrating various forms of communications, such as voice, video, collaboration, and conferencing.